ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF CURLY HAIR!

ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF HAVING CURLY HAIR


Heyyyyyyy gallls, before I start off this blog, I just want to say that this blog has nearly been active for a whole year!
WOW
Thank you all so much for supporting me and my blog and my Instagram etc.
know I haven't been posting on here very much but I promise I'm going to start posting more<3<3


Anyway, as you'll probably be able to tell, this blog post is all about the good and bad things about having curly hair.

so lets start with the advantages....

IT'S UNIQUE
Having curly hair is definitely fun because you don't really see very many people with naturally curly hair.A lot of people straighten their hair or use a curling wand etc, but I love that I don't have to use hot utensils to style my hair constantly. When I was in primary I use to hate my curly hair and I always use to straighten it and my mum use to say ' people pay a lot of money to have hair like yours', and I never use to believe her. But now I embrace my curls because I know how to treat them and look after them and I'm talking about them like they are alive ................... anyway ahahah.
Fun Fact: I have straightened my hair in over a year!!



YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE WEATHER

I always find it funny girls always complain because they don't want their hair all wet and frizzy, because for me, rain is kinda helpful, especially on a bad hair day, because it helps the more frizzy parts of my hair that I missed in the morning bounce back into little ringlets.
Annnnnddddd on a morning if it's windy, it helps my hair dry naturally which is always better!



IT HAS PLENTY OF VOLUME AND TEXTURE

I know a lot of people use things like hairspray and dry shampoo to try and add more texture in to their hair whereas curly girls don't need to do that because the poof (as I say) comes naturally. 
Sometimes I think this is a bad thing because my hair is just all over the place and there is too much volume to control, but tbh I think I just need to be a bit less harsh on myself.


MESSY BUNS ARE SO MUCH EASIER

Aaaaaahhhh now messy buns are just my fave.
They are so good because as people say, they are the ' in thing' at the minute and they just make every curly girls life so much easier.
For example, if I am trying to have a pamper night and I want to put a face mask on but my locks just keep getting in the way, I can just scrape up my hair into one big messy bun and it'll still look stylish....ish.
But I don't have to worry about it being perfectly tidy without any lumps or bumps or having any little baby ringlets falling out at the bottom. It's just great.




DISADVANTAGES ...
this is real....


IT TAKES TOOOO LONG

Sometimes getting ready is a night mare because it just takes sooo long to get ready and sometimes I just really can't be bothered with it.
Every morning I have to soak my hair, comb it with a wide tooth comb or with my fingers, NOT a brush. Then I have to add my hair products like the Curls Only Enhancing Gel and the coconut oil and sometimes the mousse and it just takes forever!!!!




USING CERTAIN SHAMPOO

 We always have to buy certain hair products with certain ingredients in like no sulphates and blah blah blah. This can be annoying because sometimes the shops you have near you don't have them or it takes you forever to look through all of the ingredients, and sometimes they can just be quite expensive and like, I don't want to have to pay that much money for a bottle of shampoo, or even for a tub of vitamins that are suppose to help your hair.



THE FRIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Okay this part is definitely my least favourite thing about having curly hair, is that it can get sosososososososo frizzy if it's not wet enough of it's too hot outside or if I go swimming or even just if I've forgotten to put my coconut oil in it and it is definitely the thing that makes me the most annoyed because it just really doesn't look good and it creates knots and yeah, it is just my biggest curly hair pet peeve.




Well guys I hope you enjoyed this blog post and I hope you like the new theme on the blog, I really love it and I just think it is very tropical and fun and me, I really wanna go to the Maldives!!!

I hope this blog post makes y'all realise how much you should love you hair, curly or straight, frizzy or silky soft and that you embrace all of your insecurities much.

Think has really made mt remember how much I just to love blogging and how much more I want to do it. And comment what type of hair style is your favourite.
Anybody who does will get a shout out on my insta story  <3<3<3
See y'all with another blog post very soon


Love,
                  Lottie:)
      x x x x



ps, if you don't already, follow me on 
instagram: @lottiesworld_
pinterest: Lottie's World
and Facebook: Lottie's Teenage World













Comments

  1. Ha ha that picture! You look like steve from stranger things ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch stranger things but i'll take your word for it ahaha

      Delete

Post a Comment