HOW TO BE A TYPICAL VSCO GIRL!

HOW TO BECOME A V S C O  GIRLLLL


Hey everybody and welcome back to my blogggg :) 
I know I haven't posted on here in a while and I am super sorry about that but  I just needed some time to catch the inspiration train (I for sure just made that up), and to just have a bit of a break from here to focus on my school work. 
Now it's summer and there are a lot more opportunities to take pictures, I thought I would start fully blogging again!:)))

I would also just like to say that I have been posting a lot more of my photography on my Instagram and so if you would like to have a little nosy at what I have been doing, then the link will be down below <3

Anyway, lets start on how to be a vsco girl!!!


I thought this would be quite a fun post to make because I have seen a lot of people making this into youtube videos, but obviously because I am a blogger and not a youtuber, I thought I could be the first to make it into a blog post!
Being a VSCO girl is not a hard task. 
There are only a few simple tricks that turn you into a VSCO girl and they areee.....



YOUR CLOTHING
 If you are like me and you spend your days looking for the right clothes that are cute, comfy and usually over sized, then you are on the right track. Most VSCO girls just wear simple little dresses or really baggy jumpers. So it's pretty easy to have this style because it's pretty much what everyone wears now anyway.
My favourite things to wear are my denim jackets, my flowy dresses and my lovely baggy jumpers, like the one in this picture :).
The VSCO style is very simple and casual and so I thought I would just give another example of it with the picture of my beautiful sister seen below. I just thought her outfit was very VSCO-y on this day ;)


USE A FILM CAMERA
I know this tip is a little useless to a few people because not every one has a film camera (including me). But I have seen a lot of people using film cameras at the  minute and the pictures look amazing. This actually makes me quite sad because my auntie had a film camera that she was going to lend me but when we got some batteries and tried to use it, it decided not to work :( but it was old so....
Anyway, lets not get side tracked! Because I know a lot of people don't have a film camera because they are expensive or they just don't work,,, I have another trick that will help you with this effect that is getting closer to you knowing with every word you reaaddd. 

POSING
I know this is super cringe and I apologise for that, but VSCO girls always seem to do the same sort of posing. I always see pictures of people doing the peace sign or sticking their tounges out or just posing in a way that makes them look so effortless yet still gives a great picture. I'm sure if you search 'VSCO poses' in to pinterest, it will show you exactly what I mean!

AESTHETIC/ EDITING
This is the hack all you non-film cam peeps were waiting for and the main thing to become a VSCO girl. Your editing and aesthetic has to be top of the game! Editing your pictures on the VSCO app is like the most important thing to become a VSCO girl. Most people use the C section to edit the picture, but I don't pay for the app so I have to work with the free filters. However there is the C1 filter which is the one that I use, and I think it is the most used filter on VSCO. 
Now, the way to make your pictures look like they were taken on a film camera is by adding a whooooooooooooole lot of grain to the image. ( obviously don't use to much gran otherwise it will just look weird). I also think adding a bit of vignette to the image helps a lot into giving it that film-y vintage aesthetic!



Well, that's the end of this VSCO blog post you guys.

I have said 'VSCO' far to many times in this post!
I hope you enjoyed and if you did, don't forget to subscribe to my blog and comment your fave VSCO filter! All you need to subscribe is your google email <3

Don't forget to follow me on...

Once again I apologise for my inconsistency of posting but I am back and better than ever :) <3
And I will see y'all soon with another post!


Love,
             Lottie
x x x x 

Comments